how to save money at the strip club
July 16, 2007 by cash
I haven’t paid a cover charge at a ‘gentleman’s club’ in close to a year. Most likely, I’ll never have to again, at least not here in Denver. Why? I’ve learned a few tricks of the trade for saving moolah at the house of jiggles. From cover charges, to drinks, food and beyond, Urban Monarch can help you keep those dollars where they belong: in your wallet.
In the old days; I used to go to the strip club to have a few drinks, drop (more than) a few dollars at the stages and tables and leave with a smile on my face and a lot fewer twenties in my bank account.
Nowadays, I go to practice.
Contrary to what most women believe, strippers are the worlds toughest crowd socializing wise. This is especially true if you arn’t buying dances or drinks for/from them. For me, reaching the ‘hook point’ with a gorgeous stripper is a unique thrill. Doing so while spending a total of $20 or less for a whole night’s entertainment? Even better.
Regardless of your reason for going however, saving money is easier than you think.
CASH’S TIPS FOR A CHEAPER STRIP CLUB EXPERIENCE
- Go early, on a weekday if possible. Many clubs offer reduced cover at these times, as well as happy hour specials for drinks. Additonal tip: Go in the afternoon, get your hand stamped, and come back later (when the hotter girls are likely dancing).
- Read your city’s local ‘alternative weekly’ newspaper. Here in Denver, most strip clubs have ads in Westword, New Times Media’s Colorado publication. These ads often include no cover / free drink coupons, as well as information on special events (that may include drink/cover specials).
- As with any bar, higher than usual tipping will often result in stronger/occasionally comped drinks. This is not the most effective way of saving money, but something to consider.
- Bring a flask. Here in Denver at least, you arn’t frisked/forced thru a metal detector, etc on arrival. Ordering diet cokes (claim you’re the designated driver, to stay on the waitstaff’s good side) and then topping them off with something stronger is a great way to save money while getting your buzz on. Tip well and tip often if your sexy cocktail waitress is bringing you sodas (you’re still saving $$$ vs buying full priced drinks).
- Check your city’s convention schedule. Denver is blessed once a year with the Sex And So Much More show. EVERY reputable strip club in town has a booth at this show, and in every case there are stacks and stacks of no cover cards free for the taking (Last year I enlisted the help of two friends to score, literally, hundreds of these.)
- Watch for holiday specials. Here in Denver, one club in particular is famous for all day holiday parties that typically feature no cover, free lunch AND reduced drinks.
- Befriend the insiders. If you notice someone dressed in a suit, wearing an earpiece, or carrying a walkie talkie, he’s likely the manager, or at least works for the club. Befriending him with an offer to buy him a drink or asking a genuine question (”So, what’s the craziest thing you’ve ever had to deal with working here?”) can work wonders. They’re the gatekeepers to the club and can often help get you past a line or in for free if they know you. Added bonus? If the girls see you talking with a manager/the dj, it will generate social proof that can only work to your advantage when you make your move later.